Rocker Panels as "Structural Members" and other observations teamfat2.ds

Subject: Rocker Panels as "Structural Members" and other observations teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g2JELML11940
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:21:12 -0800
I can't quote it EXACTLY, but I recall a hilarious comment in a c.
1988 Car & Driver article on the all-new Lotus Elan.  The author was
comparing the structural design of the new Elan to the old Elan, and
said something like this:

"The new Elan's chassis features deformable structures designed to
absorb the energy of an impact, whereas the old Elan used its
OCCUPANTS as deformable structures."

Of course, I'm not picking on Lotuses
 (or is that 'Loti'?) I love
'em all.  I pretty much figure that the above applies to all LBCs.
We're the deformable structures!

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6