TR6 flywheel lightened and crank balancing

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 flywheel lightened and crank balancing
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:23:05 -0500
Hey again everyone,

It seems I can't stop spending money at the machine shop.  I'm thinking
now I'll get the flywheel lightened and the crank balanced during my
engine rebuild.

Can anyone describe where they remove the material from on the flywheel?

Is it worth doing these things in the first place?  I've bought a hotter
cam and have had the head shaved to give me about 9.0:1 compression.

Rob in Ottawa
1974 1/2  TR6   CF28217UO  (no time to work on it so send some parts
back to the machine shop)