Anoher choke question (TR3A)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anoher choke question (TR3A)
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:17:52 -0800
Okay, I've tried everything that has been suggested and I still get a hyrnia
trying to pull the choke out. Polished the jets, put grease on them, tried
all different combinations of washers, new springs.

There is one more possibility - on the "jet lever", Moss part number
370-950, there is a lot of slop caused by the hole that the arm pivots on
(the one at the elbow) being 5/16" in diameter. Does any one know if that's
the way it's supposed to be?  It dosen't look like its worn because it's
still round, not oval, but it does seem to cause the pivot point to shift
which may require more leverage?

Thanks again for all the help.

Bob