Re: painting brake rotors?

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Darrell Walker" <darrellw@inetarena.com>, "tr list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: painting brake rotors?
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:55:42 -0800
At 8:07 PM -0500 4/5/02, Fred Thomas wrote:
>Powder-Coat of course, just remove the wheel bearings & grease, bright
>Aluminum looks very good.  "FT"

I doubt very seriously if even powdercoat would last on the brake
"rotors"...however, I did use Eastwood's HiTemp Epoxy (two part)
Bright Red on my brake "Calipers" and rear brake "drums". This stuff
hardens to a glass like finish, withstands temps to 900F and is
visible from miles away.
Now I know the concours purists are turning purple and frothing at
the mouth but us "drivers" don't care. Many other LBC drivers around
here have seen the results on Casper and were very impressed.
It just looks ... cool ... <G>

--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3