TR-6 Front Brakes Won't Release??

To: "INTERNET:Rikrock@aol.com" <Rikrock@aol.com>
Subject: TR-6 Front Brakes Won't Release??
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:48:55 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Rikrock@aol.com
>I think it was a few months ago there was a thread  about someone spending

lots of time and money trying to solve this problem.  I seem to remember
that
the cause turned out to be something related to the booster or the pedal
rod
or.......??

Anyhow, I can't find the archive, so if someone saved any of those messages

or remembers details about what was causing the brakes to drag, please
email
me off-list.
<

Rick,  The problem usually occurs when installing a new master cylinder or
booster.  There is a rod that protrudes from the booster that operates the
master cylinder that will not allow the master cylinder piston to return
fully if it is not adjusted properly.  If the piston doesn't return fully
the ports to/from the reservoir are kept close and that is a critical
function.  The easy test for this is to back off the two nuts that secure
the cylinder to the booster and look for a difference.

Cheers

Dave