Replacing TR3A fuel pump, piece of cake - thanks for the tips

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacing TR3A fuel pump, piece of cake - thanks for the tips
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:13:54 -0400
To remove the rear nut on the pump I used a 1/2" socket, 1/4" drive, with a
very small swivel attachment and worked from underneath. It was a lot easier
to replace and tighten the nut without the primer lever on the new replacement
pump. I also had to remove the windscreen washer container and bracket and the
heater hose, the top section and bowl on the pump, than just clamped off the
fuel lines by adding some extra hose and using vise grips, since I removed the
leaky shut off valve years ago.

When replacing I made sure the threads on the bolts and the nuts were very
clean and I lightly oiled them so I could really snug the nuts on well. Drove
the car hard for about 30 minutes and it's bone dry down there for the first
time in years. I can finally clean up the cat liter! Thanks for all the tips,
thought I'd pass this along, it took about 30 minutes total.

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green (leak free - gas only)