cracked piston

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: cracked piston
From: "Michael Hoffman" <thoffman@clarkston.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:42:00 -0700
Good Afternoon List,
I've owned and enjoyed my 1970 GT6+ for 30 years and have had little to no
major problems with the car other than routine type maintenance problems.  The
car currently has 105,000 miles on it and recently i was doing a compression
check and found low compression in #1 cylinder.  I then took the head off and
found that the #1 piston had a crack in it.  It is a "G" piston.  My question
to the group is do I have to replace ALL of the pistons?  All of the others
had wonderful compression.  I believe they only sell new sets of pistons,  but
does that mean that you can't just replace one if you could find it and be ok?
Any comments would be appreciated.

Mike
TR-3
GT6plus