PDWA procedure?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: PDWA procedure?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:38:26 -0400
Please campers, a little advice re my GT6.  What is the best
procedure to center the PDWA?  (Umm, that's the atrocious acronym for
Pressure Differential Warning Actuator, the thingy that turns on the
brake warning light when either side has a leak.)  I've tried
cracking open each side individually and pumping the pedal.  I
couldn't tell if it made any difference, or simply moved the warning
plunger from one side to the other!  In any case, it didn't help.

And another thing.  Triumph in their unfathomable wisdom wired the
oil pressure light and the PDWA light so that if the PDWA turns on,
the oil pressure gauge never does.  I guess they figured that if you
had a brake problem you shouldn't be worried about oil pressure.  The
upside to this wiring is that should the oil pressure fall, both
bulbs glow, but in series so neither is at its fullest possible
brightness.  Is this strange or what?

Tanks,
--
Jim Muller