The stag,..

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The stag,..
From: "Allen J. Filson" <afilson@qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:08:19 -0600
Hello!!!

I was hoping to hook-up with some 'die-hard' stag owners who frequent
this list and ask some detailed questions about this very interesting
model.  I don't currently own a stag,... been working on a 71 GT6 for a
while and really enjoy it,... but I need something that I can carry the
3 kids around in and experience the feel of 'open-air' motoring.  I was
looking at the stag and have done some of the homework,.. but I gotta
admit,.. I kinda got scared away from it a bit based on the head warping
problem, heating problem, timing chain,.etc.  I guess the question I
have at this point is:

Can you find a good restorable stag,.. put the money into a drivetrain
rebuild,.. and then have a solid daily driver that you can use in the
spring/summer/fall months?  Or do most stag owners swap out the original
drivetrain and put something else in it's place?  Seems like I see alot
of stags for sale that have modified drivetrains.  If you do swap out
the drivetrain, what's the drive line of choice for this modification?

Again,  if you'd like to contact me individually that's fine as well or
maybe the list would enjoy the responses.  I 've not been real
successfully in locating a 'whole' lotta stag owners so I'm not sure if
that's a good sign or not.  I really like the stag design,.. but then
I'm a Michelotti fan by default owning a GT6.

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Allen J. Filson
afilson@qwest.net