RE: Belt pullies for alternator conversion

To: john donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Belt pullies for alternator conversion
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:02:12 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, "'triumphmail list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hunh.  A two bit resistor. What an elegant solution.  Guess I shoulda
asked the list before I got that second pulley.

:^)

But why does it work?  I don't understand why increasing the resistance
across the 'charge light' circuit makes it kick in sooner.

Right after start up, there's enormous demand for juice, as the battery
has just shot the wad starting the car. I didn't know that the charge
light circuit had anything to do with when the regulator engaged.

Can someone explain please?

Clueless in Santa Barbara...

Thanks!

-jeffrey