Re: definitions

To: "Don Spence" <dspence@oanet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: definitions
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 23:23:30 +0100 g4AMSZO09788
From: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>

> I am truly amazed at what you brits call a "Classic".  If I am to go by the
> contents of popular British magazines, any occasionally self propelled
> automotive device( yes, I once owned a non-lamemted Marina) no longer in
> production, and preferably achieving the most plebian level of design and
> engineering, is a bone fide "Classic".

I rather like the vagaries of British "Classics". Unlike Vintage and Veteran,
it has no true definition in terms of cars, the British defiinitions of which
are totally different to the American versions. I consider any car which turns
my head and makes me utter "you don't see many of them any more" to be a
classic - and that includes plenty of cars I have no desire to own. In American
terminology, I am unlikely to ever own a classic.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics