Distributor Plate Ground Wire Source x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Bob Fabie <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Distributor Plate Ground Wire Source x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:12:11 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, six pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Bob Fabie
>The distributor plate ground wire on my TR6 looks frail and fragile. TRF
doesn't supply it. Does anyone know of any sources for it or can one
just be made up?
<

Bob, this wire is subjected to a high number of flexures.  Everytime the
vacuum advance (or retard) works this wire is flexed.  Replacing it with a
standard type of wire will be a short-lived solution.  But you may be able
to adapt the wire from the points (available with the push-on connector and
ring terminal) which is the proper, extremely fine stranded wire which
should last a good long time.  Just cut off the ends you don't need and
crimp on the right terminals (I would avoid soldering as it can introduce a
stiff segment that can fail in this application).

Dave