europe report

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: europe report
From: January Williams <january@chemeketa.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:43:27 -0700
Just got back from 2 weeks in France & Belgium, sadly, no Triumphs sighted.
Paris: minis everywhere, several new ones; also a new MG, clearly a beamer
with octagon badges. Dinan, ferrari 4 place coupe, more minis. Neufchatel,
morgan; Ieper/Ypers MGA; Brugge, a nice old RHD larger saloon, maybe a riley
or something, the older folks on vacation. Conspicuous by their absence, new
vw bugs. The classic cars of france are old deux-chevaux, everywhere.
BTW you can't rent an automatic where we were unless you made a special
order for a mercedes; the french love standard trans.
I had hoped to scope the parts scene, maybe uncover a source for OD cores,
but no such luck.
cheers
January
66 TR4A CTC74217LO