Re: No Horn

To: "Gary M. Nicklaus" <garynicklaus@cityusa.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Horn
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tom.omalley@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:33:23 -0400
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:30:47 -0400, you wrote:

>My son and I just installed a new wiring harness in the TR6 (1976).  The job
>seemed to go pretty smoothly.  Dan's book was invaluable. I would recommend it
>to anyone about to do electrical work on the TR6.
>
>When all was said and done - Started the car and everything seems to be fine
>except for the horn.  If we put power to the relay, horn blows!  Press the
>horn button - nothing!

Do some troubleshooting at the horn relay first.  With all wires still
connected,  jumper C1 & C2 <purple/yellow and solid purple> and
confirm that the horn sounds.  Next,  jumper W1 <purple/black> to
ground and check again.  If all this works then you've got a problem
with the horn button,   horn wiring or possibly a bad ground in the
column.  Do TR6's have that flexible coupling as do Spits?  Is there a
ground strap across yours?

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley