Re: Engine Sputter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Sputter
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 22:45:50 EDT
In a message dated 8/4/2002 9:20:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
philip.smith25@verizon.net writes:

> Decided tonight to take the TR6 out for a ride.I haven't been driving it
> much
> this summer due to afternoon rains. Stopped to get gas, the gauge indicated
> 1/4. Used Chevron supreme/ high test. Filled the tank. Drove for about 20
> miles, 70mph, when I thought I felt a stutter. Sure enough then another
> sputter,I told my son it was the carbs, fuel line? Engine then cut out
> completely.Put it in second, popped the clutch, and it started right away.
> Drove another 20 miles, at 45 to 75 mph range, with no other occurrences?
> Should I worry about this occurring again? Is there anything I should do?
> Nothing like this has ever happened before. My car has always run
> flawlessly.

It's possible that the fill-up either stirred some bits of sediment/gunk/garp
or a bit of water already in the tank or even introduced a bit of same...that
finally flushed through?

--Andy Mace

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this
line." -- Oscar Levant