Re: GT6+ Rear Spring

To: <Windoseat@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6+ Rear Spring
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:17:33 -0500
From: <Windoseat@aol.com>
To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>; <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 9:15 PM
Subject: GT6+ Rear Spring

> I was calculating the spring rate for the transverse leaf spring on the
GT6+
> (part of designing a true coil over rear suspension) and I came up with
just
> under 200 in. lbs.

How did you do this?

> I am assuming that the total rate is divided between the
> two rear wheels

I can't figure out if that statement makes sense until I know how you did
the original calculations.

> which would make the rate about 100 in lbs per side. That
> works out to about half of the front coil spring which calaculates out to
209
> in. lbs. Since the 6 cyl lump resides in the front this seems to make
sense.
> Does anyone have an opposing opinion on this? Or am I on the right track?

Until we know how you came up with the 200, we probably can't tell.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org