Halogens and headlight sw.

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Halogens and headlight sw.
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 21:19:22 -0400 FILETIME=[3C325A10:01C2579D]
List electrical gurus
            A few weeks ago the headlight sw. on my TR6 went south, not too
far south, as I was able to get it working by disassembling it in situ.  It
now is again on the friz (headed south, no doubt).
     I've gotten a new working switch with great thanks to Jay Welch.  My
question is that I noticed tonight that the headlamps are Sylvania Halogens.
Do you think that the Halogens could have been the cause of the switches early
demise?  Should I put a relay in to keep the same thing from happening again?
    As always help and comment is greatly appreciated.
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6