Leaking head Gasket

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking head Gasket
From: "Eduard Tieseler" <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:51:32 -0700
Hello list,

Well I pulled the head off and checked the surfaces and nothing is warped.
I ordered a head set and am waiting on that.  I have a couple more questions
before I put it back together.
1) I am using ARP head studs and I torqued them down to 45 ft-lbs.  Is this
the correct torque setting?
2) Who makes a better head gasket for these engines (in your opinion).  I
ordered the head set from VB, Are they usually good gaskets?

Thanks again,

Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald

The car is a 1200.  But the engine is a 69 Spitfire MKIII.  My
Grandfather was the previous owner and he did the engine swap, he said
he wanted more power.  It never really ran though because it had oil
pressure problems.  I will definitely check the block and head for
trueness.  It has been apart for years, so that is why I was concerned
about possibly having to resurface.

Thanks,cm
Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald