RE: Emission Control

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: RE: Emission Control
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:24:38 -0500
Cc: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Graham McMicken'" <g.mcmicken@shaw.ca> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gALETtq2012220
Message text written by Hugh Fader
>I think you also have an air pump. I think this thing must affect
performance. I might be wrong, but couldn't it be removed, plumbing
plugged,
and shorter fan belt installed?
<

The pump itself will present a load on the engine but if you look at the
teeny-tiny belt that drives it you would have to conclude that the load is
rather small.  The trivial amount of air in injects into the exhaust
manifold will contribute nothing to the back pressure there and that is the
only possible effect on performance of the engine directly.

So, removing it will only unclutter the engine compartment and make the
engine quieter.  It will have no positive or negative effect on performance
or economy.

But it will add to the clutter in the garage.  ;-)

Cheers

Dave