Re: Some input on castings Please

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Some input on castings Please
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:18:30 -0000
Hi Mark
Not a lame question, never be afraid or ashamed to ask questions to enrich
your knowledge.
The "normal" head on a Triumph has the inlet and exhaust on the same side of
the head, this is sometimes referred to as a reverse flow head, i.e. the
flow of gasses is reversed.
The cross flow head has the inlet and exhaust on opposite sides of the head,
therefore the gasses flow across the head hence cross flow. You will find
that the majority of modern European cars have cross flow heads, you can
also find crossflow heads on the Dolomite 1850, Dolomite Sprint, TR7 and
Stag.

HTH
Graham.