RE: WORSENING SPAM

Subject: RE: WORSENING SPAM
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:49:30 -0800
>there are shareware products that help with spam
>what email application are you using ?
>outlook and outlook express both have anti spam features to them.
>just look in the help menu
>you can add keywords like mortgage interest etc. in any subject will be
>blocked.

I have been battling the SPAM as well. The spammers are industrious
little b*stards, though, as they always seem to find a way around my
filters. The filter which looks for 'FREE' is useless now because now
they use 'F R E E' or F-R-E-E. So then I made a filter for those
forms, and now I get messages with 'F_R_E_E' in the subject line.
This is just one piddly little example. Point is, there will never be
a way to eliminate all of it. Nothing is foolproof because fools are
so ingenious!! I have an ARSENAL of filters set up in Eudora, and
quite a few spams STILL get through. It's very frustrating. If things
keep going the way they are, my e-mail program will hog as much or
more of my Mac's 896 megs of RAM as Photoshop does!! GRRRR!

I wish I could say that Macs were SPAM proof, too!!

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 Triumph TR6