Valve Spring Pressure, TR3A / TR4

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h03GJS9C007261
Subject: Valve Spring Pressure, TR3A / TR4
From: "Jerry Goulet" <jgoulet@thomsontechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 08:19:22 -0800
Happy New Year to all !

I have just taken my reconditioned TR3A cylinder head to the machine shop to
have the new valves, guides and spring fitted.
I have purchased the recommended TR4 narrower exhaust valves and guides that
use two springs rather than three on the original.
The cam will remain stock.
The machine has requested the following:  1) Spring Height and pressure
installed, 2) Cam Lift at the Valve.
Haynes Manual gives Cam Lift (max) at 0.26 inch, but I do not see fitted spring
height nor pressure and I am hoping that someone would have this spec.

Thanks
Jerry Goulet
1960 TR3A TS71864LO