O/D "big brass plug" wrench

To: JBHawkes@aol.com
Subject: O/D "big brass plug" wrench
From: "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:10:25 -0600
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Greetings Jim,
To acquire the purpose made "Overdrive Filter Plug Spanner" supplied by
Rob Nortier at British Tool, go to:

http://www.britishtool.com/servtool.htm

It's part no. BT8, $ 45.50 ea. I have one of these and in my opinion it
does the best job turning the notched drain plug found on the A type
Overdrive.

To buy a 2" > 4-3/4" adjustable hook spanner, which is made by several
tool manufacturers, Reed Tool Supply Co. is a possibility, (Williams
brand - $ 30.98) go to:
http://www.reidtool.com/products/Store/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=15400

or, at Grainger (Proto brand - $ 40.95) go to:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemId=1611733997

I have a Blue Point #AHS304B, 2" > 4-3/4" adj. hook spanner, which I
think is a Snap-On brand.  It's a nice tool but I think the Williams or
Proto brands would be equally suitable. Having both an adjustable hook
spanner and Rob Nortier's tool is the 1000% solution.

While on the subject of Overdrive tools, you might be interested in the
Overdrive Oil Pressure Gauges I offer as an offshoot of first making the
gauge sets for myself. Details can be seen at:
http://www.geocities.com/jholekamp/index.html

brgds, Jay

'64 TR 4 CT38895-LO