Prolong Super Lubricants (Bit long)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Prolong Super Lubricants (Bit long)
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:31:25 -0000
Hi Folks
Thanks to all who replied to my previous question about this company, I
thought those who replied and some others might like to see the reply I had
to the message I sent about their offer to come and make a presentation
about their stuff to our club.

Graham.

>From Me
No Thanks.
Before you try to sell your products in the UK you should resolve the issues
raised in the USA as this link http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1999/9909/prolong.htm,
pretty much says all the
claims you make are not substantiated with any evidence.

Graham.

>From them
Thank you for your concern but these matters were addressed and resolved in
1999. Prolong and others ie Slik etc had accusations made against them. It
is unfortunate that the person who registered this document on the search
engines has not also registered the conclusion. Prolong was found NOT to
make any false or unsubstantiated claims and was NOT fined like some of the
other companies involved and that the wording in their marketing literature
does not need changing, which is why you can see the actual advert mentioned
in that report on television to this very day. The report is merely
reinforcing that any future marketing by the Prolong company, or ANY company
involves substantiated fact.
The facts also remain that vehicles treated with this product have been
driven from California to Florida with no oil, that you are offered a free
lifetime engine warranty when purchasing the engine treatment and that there
is a $1,000,000 challenge for anyone to produce anything better (without
infringing the patent), all of which were not addressed in the report.
Information is never as good as the whole picture, particluarly when its
placed or instigated by worried competitors.
This product has no equal in the world, and we strongly suggest you try it.
Kind regards

Jon
PROLONG UK

---