Re: Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this use

To: technical@iwnet.screaming.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this use of t...
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:51:27 EST
Graham -

Are gas stations (petrol retailers) owned by independant franchise holders
or by the big oil companies in the UK ?
Either way, your scheme will only hurt the independant retail owner and/or
the station employees who get laid off - assuming the scheme actually
suceeds at killing sales at BP and Esso stations - those companies will
merely wholesale their petrol to those whose sales have increased and will
consequently not be hurt at the corporate leval.

Cheers
Jack Mc