Re: Newbie Questions (TR4 Bonnet)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions (TR4 Bonnet)
From: HDRIDER570@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:23:12 EST
Originally the TR4 bonnet had a "Power Bulge" to accommodate the SU carb's.
These bonnets only have one longitudinal brace on the distributor side of the
bonnet.  I can say from practical experience that the Short Bubble hoods
crack at the front edge of the inner rear brace on both sides.  Lengthening
the bulge stiffens the bonnet on the carb side.  The will still crack on the
other side though.  Usually from people who "Drop" the bonnet to close it.

The TR6 Bonnet has longitudinal braces on both sides and I believe that the
front and rear inner braces are larger.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma Ca