RE: TR6 Carpet kits opinions sought

To: "'James Tabor'" <jattr6@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6Pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Carpet kits opinions sought
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:57:37 -0500
James,
It's been a couple of years since I pulled the original carpet out of
CF37325U, but I believe it had the stitch attaching two pieces of carpet
across (from side to side) the carpet that fits over the large part of
the transmission cover. I also remember it being there on other TR6's on
which I've had to pull the tranny, but I don't recall now if the carpets
were original in those cars.
Then again, I could be mistaken...

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

All,

I ordered a brown carpet kit years ago, I ordered the best quality one.
(i
think i had a choice...and i KNOW if i did have a choice - i ordered the

best available.... ;-)  )
i liked them, BUT... the one thing that bothered me was that the
transmission portion
had a long stitch (at an angle i think) holding (what appears to me) as
two
'scrap' pieces together to form a whole. it seemed an attempt to use up
the
precious bits in any way they could.
keep in mind this was not done in order to form the keystone
curve. i checked. it was a poor craft-person-ship. IMHO. i could be
totally
wrong, but my original did not have this same splice.

i was going to send it back, but shipping costs and all were too much
to deal with-when it ain't my fault. i decided, 'okay, it is kinda
hidden--i
will 'live' with it' but as you can tell i am still upset and have not
forgotten this.

i am still a very good customer to them. so i am not bashing them... but
out
of principle i should have sent it back.
i suppose i wasn't in the mood to deal with it. too bad.

just my two cents.

james