RE: modern paint fade

To: "'ZoboHerald@aol.com'" <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: modern paint fade
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:26:06 -0500
Thanks Andy, I was planning on over-buying on quantity (one of the early
60's triumph "whites") but I'd forgotten about the need to thin it to apply.
I was hoping modern materials and tools would make the thinning "idiot
proof" but maybe not, some of the idiots are pretty creative these days.
The topcoat is good idea too.

Art.

Depends on any number of factors, not the least of which is your mixing the
paint with the same proportion of thinner or reducer each time, and applying
it under similar conditions each time, etc., etc.

With some colors, it might not be nearly so critical. I hope your car isn't
Signal Red, though.