Sumitomo tire report (for those interested)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Sumitomo tire report (for those interested)
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:55:14 -0500 FILETIME=[D008A6A0:01C2C7AE] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h0TFuK71019049
Just an early report on the Sumitomo HTR 200 tires that I just installed on
the Spitfire.  As I have already bored you, this car has had BFG T/As on it
for the better part of twenty years.  My initial observations are that the
new tires require a tad bit more braking force than the old tires (not sure
if thats because they are new or not) and they are definitely twitchier at
speed.  They ride a tad bit harsher, but seem slightly quieter than the
BFGs  Both tires were 206/60 13s and now having them on the car I am
satisfied with them, but will have to get used to the car waggling on the
freeway a bit  that I dont really care for but I can live with it  that
may be a price for the higher performance rating of the tire
As the tires are still new, I havent really pushed them hard to see what
if any difference there is but my initial impression is that they are
sticker and more responsive than the BFGs
So, overall they are definitely worth the lower price difference