Re: Hood snap tool: Joanne's fabric store

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hood snap tool: Joanne's fabric store
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:32:19 -0700
Here's Steve's original post.

Corey and all:

I spotted a snap press tool on the notions rack at
my local JoAnne's fabric store when I, um, walked
into the store by accident on my way to Karate class.
I mean, while I was buying fabric to make a cover for
my Sawzall. Okay, while buying felt and foam to make
shark fins for my 5 and 3 year old boys.

Anyway I have to admit to visiting the fabric store
because the snap hand-press tool was $16 and it
could be a good choice if the under-$10 low-tech
tool doesn't do it for you and a $150 Super-Press
seems like excess. I haven't tried it but the snaps in
the package with the press sure looked like the snaps
on my hood. NFI.

PS the fins turned out quite nicely, thank you. I'm pretty
sure I could hand stitch a TR4 interior now.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)