eBay scam or not?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: eBay scam or not?
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 08:13:24 -0500 FILETIME=[08792B10:01C2CB86] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h13DGihv018604
Today is the second time I have received an email supposedly from eBay,
official looking and everything asking me to verify my account.  The first
I ignored because it was asking for credit card info, which I never gave
them and as far as I can remember, you dont need it to register as a
buyer  it said that if I didnt verify within 24 (seemed a litly timely
sinc what if I dont reed my emai every day) hours that my account would be
deleted  of course it wasnt but I just got another one, this one also
says basically the same thing, very offical looking with the ebay logo,
even secure, but the link on this one gives me a 404 not found error.  Now
I dont mind re-verifying, but I am not sure why I would need to.  However
if this is a scam to get info what should on do.  Any way to insure that
this is legit??  Another thing that makes me suspect is the return address.
The first way to ebaysomething @ aol.com  and this one is ebay
security.team@ebay.com  They appear to be addressed to only me not a whole
list of others on the message. Has anybody else received these??  Is this
legit??