Re: Fred's driving

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fred's driving
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:15:15 +0100
Don Spence wrote :

> NOW, shift a TC over to France and you have a recipe for disaster!
> In France the car to the right always has the right of way. This
> results in traffic in the circle having to yield to traffic  entering
> the circle which of course destroys the flow and renders the advantage
> of circles a disadvantage. Ah the bloody French!
>
> I do believe they have changed this now, at least on the circle I
> regularly had to navigate in Alsace.

Don ,
This indeed has changed in France , traffic on the circle now has
right of way , the only problem being,when is a circle not a circle?
The road around the Arc de Triomphe , which Jonmac mentioned , is not
a circle , so give way to the right . In all fairness , circles are
always well sign-posted .
Three interesting "Magic Roundabout" pictures can be seen at :

http://www.motoservices.com/humour/jeudepiste.htm

Ah ces Anglais !!

Cheers ,
Mike .