RE: grille

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: grille
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 07:06:40 -0800
It might be worth pointing out : I've read somewhere (Piggott perhaps) that
the early TR3A grilles did have smaller openings, which the factory later
enlarged to improve cooling.  Not certain, but I've always suspected that
the aftermarket grilles with the too-small openings were patterned after the
original grilles ...

Not being too concerned with exact correctness, I just used a pair of
linesman's pliers to carefully pinch all of my slats a bit, and effectively
enlarge the openings.  Made some other changes at the same time, so I'm not
sure which ones did the trick (probably a combination of several), but my
TR3A now stays cool under all conditions (including driving in 110+ temps).

Randall