GT6+ Rear Upright Bolt

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6+ Rear Upright Bolt
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:26:24 EST
Good day,

I mentioned in a recent post that I am patiently trying to loosen the two
long bolts that pass thru the rear suspension upright. One of them secures
the rear a-arm and the other the rear track rod. Both bolts will not turn and
cannot be removed. Rather than cut them or bash them with "a bigger hammer" I
removed everything from the hub and have it sitting in a pan full of light
weight oil in the hopes that the immersion will allow the oil to work its way
into the bore the bolt sits in and loosen the rust. Before immersion I soaked
the bolt with plenty of PB BLaster. I would like to get the bolt out without
damaging the upright, although I don't care if the bolt is destroyed. Has
anyone successfully tackled this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
KC79746L
Laurel Green