Transmission cover and shifter

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission cover and shifter
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:04:56 -0500 FILETIME=[8E5D3810:01C2E383]
Hello List,
    I have a question.  I'm changing over to an overdrive transmission.  Last
night I went to fit the gear lever from my present transmission to the new
one.  The holes that the adjustment studs go into on either side of the
shifter collar are smaller on the new cover.  It's a simple matter to tap them
out to fit  the studs from the old  cover, but am I missing something here?
Are all the control covers compatible with all the gear levers?  Will I find
out that the gear lever handle is incompatible in some other way when I
finally get it installed?  It looks as if the gear lever will fit and work,
but better safe then sorry...  Thanks for the help.
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6