"When this bloody war is over..." (off topic, no apology)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "When this bloody war is over..." (off topic, no apology)
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:35:52 -0000
And everyone has patted everyone else on the back "for a stupendously good job
well done, old boy/buddy" perhaps we'll have time to remember two young Brits
(among other nationalities) - one a Royal Marine, the other a Commando who
won't be coming back. Both are now dead, fighting to liberate one of the anal
passages of the Middle East called Basra - which I know well, like all the
other places in that god-forsaken ****hole of a country
For security purposes, names and ranks cannot currently be notified outside
families and close friends. Suffice it to say both owned Triumphs - a Spitfire
and a 1300 fwd respectively - both were under thirty years of age, both had
kids, both had more spunk in their little fingers than many have in their
whole bodies - and I am both proud and heartbroken to say they were both true
friends, in spite of our age differences.
Put not your trust in politicians who should have dealt with this tyrant
20+years ago - but signally failed because of the importance of 'vested
government interests.'
Rant off. Going down the pub to drown my sorrows - and to salute them all as
well.

Jonmac