Re: Rust proofing

To: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rust proofing
From: "Jeffery Howard" <nhoward442@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:43:16 -0500
Ronnie,
There is a company in the Dallas -- Fort Worth area the sells a product
called CorrosionX.  The company's name is Corrosion Technologies, Inc.  The
guy that sell the stuff sells it to the military and civilian market for
aircraft.  I have known him for about twelve years and as long as I have
known him he demonstrates the material in a tank that has a TV in it.  The
TV is plugged in and working.  He does that to demonstrate that it will not
hurt electronics.  This past March he told me he had put together corrosion
kit for cars but he was having a hard time selling them.  I told him he has
not talked to anyone that owns an LBC.

I have used CorrosionX on my Spitfire and on every connection in the car.
It will clean the connectors and they work better.  Yes, it makes a Lucas
electrical system work better.  I use it all over and under my car.  The
only draw back is it requires retreatment every twelve to eighteen months.

I have seen magnesium castings after being in the salt water of the Gulf of
Mexico saved by this product.  As an instructor, we will get parts off of
aircraft that have met with an untimely demise for classroom use.  This past
year we recovered an engine from a scrapped aircraft that had been to the
bottom of the gulf and sat in a warehouse without any treatment for five
years.  The gear boxes are made of magnesium and there are steel bolts
holding it together.  That combination creates a battery that causes
corrosion.  We soaked the engine in CorrosionX, only a few days, and we did
not break a bolt during disassembly and the engine came apart with only
slightly more effort than a new engine.  In fact there was sand from the
bottom of the gulf still in the engine.

CorrosionX is a dielectric and stops the electron exchange that causes
corrosion as one benefit, the other benefit is, it is a great lubricant.  It
also will loosen frozen bolts better than anything I have ever used.  You
don't have to believe me but it works.  Check out their web sight
http://www.corrosionx.com/.

I just put some of the RejeX on my truck.  So far it does just what the adds
says.

If you contact them tell them you would like one of their car kits.  They
don't have it on line but they have them.  Jim told me that he may be
closing out that line due to a lack of interest.  The stuff is expensive but
he offers a money back guarantee and he said he has only had to give one guy
his money back.

Jeff Howard
Rayne LA
USA