Re: head torque - wrench types

To: "ptegler@cablespeed" <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject: Re: head torque - wrench types
From: "Dixie" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:33:19 +0100
I have great faith in the 'Flexi pointer' type torque wrench, its accuracy,
however, is in the hands of the user. One needs a practised touch with this
type of tool.

The one I used for many years (until someone 'borrowed' and never returned
it) I bought it in the late '70s for #4.99 ($7.00ish). Cheap and cheerful
and never a gasket failure. As to your question, I fail to see how one of
these torque wrenches can change with age.

I now use the 'Click type' from Snap-on and it cost something like $300 and
this is progress?

TR4A CT64306 O

/// mailing list
///  or try