Re: air horns

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air horns
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 21:24:50 -0700 (PDT)
I've tried a couple of different "cheap" air horn sets in my 4A - for
some reason, they never last. Especially not the plastic ones. I
really wanted air horns, since there's that famous picture of
Kas with the Shell 4000 TR4 engine compartment. (They draw a lot
of current, too!)

But I decided that I wanted working horns, instead. I now have
Hella Supertone horns mounted on the original brackets, using
the original wiring. They're bright red and say "made in germany",
which is sorta too bad - if you really care, you can take them
apart and paint them.

        http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/85115.htm

They are *loud*, and they just work. Have them in both the 4A and GT6+.

I have the compact trumpet horns, also listed there, in another
car, and they work quite well, too. More like the original 4A horns,
but quite loud. They would also mount in the original bracket and use
the original wiring. They're also quite inexpensive!

chris