RE: TR3 Clutch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Clutch
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:57:23 -0700 FILETIME=[31B7D200:01C3303B]
Bill Pugh wrote :

>       I think you have done about all you can, but if it is a
> broken fork, I would like to suggest that you replace "everything"
> with Herman VanDenAkkers Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing.  It eliminates
> the slave cylinder, clutch fork, and all the mechanicals inside the
> bell housing.  Simple  to install and...It Works...

But!  Will it still work 40 years from now ?  And, will it even be available
then, let alone sell as cheaply as the original components ?

Not bloody likely !
Randall

PS, Last time I talked to Herman about it, he said you have to pull the
transmission to adjust the hydraulic TOB for clutch wear, since it's done
with shims between the TOB & the gearbox housing.  Granted it doesn't have
to be done very often, but ...