RE: Parts Stores== Slightly off topic=== even more so now

Subject: RE: Parts Stores== Slightly off topic=== even more so now
From: "Triumph" <triumph@yankeespitfire.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:07:22 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
...I work for one of the cc companies and know the drill - if the card swipe
fails, ask them to manually key it, if they were smirking when they handed
the card back, remember to smirk and ask if they know how to do a manual
key. If the manual key process fails tell them to call in for an
authorization- they have to do it. If they won't, ask for the manager. If he
won't, then ask for the name and address of their merchant bank and point
out it will take less time for the manual auth than for them to respond to
your letter to the merchant bank. Since complaints to Visa and MC tend to
trickle down to the merchant banks, they tend to take it out on their
merchants. That keeps people reasonably efficient.

Good luck!

"Any drive you don't return from on a tow truck was a good one..."
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"
FM66043 7U
Nass #104 VTR #14429