[Fwd: Re: Installed Defective Cam. Need Advice On New One]

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Installed Defective Cam. Need Advice On New One]
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:27:51 -0400
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:26:47 -0400
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
To: Bob Fabie <RFabie@erols.com>
CC: triumphs@autox.team.net,  6pack@autox.team.net

Hi Bob,

You might try Integral Cams. He uses a Chilled Cast Iron Billet blank.
They are not regrinds. http://www.integralcams.com/tr-250_tr-6.htm

Mine is not in the engine yet so I can't provide first hand information,
but in the process of trying to decide on Integral, I learned that he
makes the cams for the Kent Prather Racing team. I asked Kent about
Integral, and he spoke highly of them. Kai Radicke and Bob Lang speak
highly of Kent and what he has accomplished with his MGA, and I guess
also the Integral Cams inside the engines. Kent Prather has a web site,
but I don't have it. His name is all over the web. You might check it
out. I understand he finances his racing by doing engine work for
customers LBCs -- top notch and pricey from what I have heard.

I believe Richard Good also has Chilled Cast Iron Billet blanks
available, and seems to me that Ted Schumacher does too.

Integral was expensive: $312.00 which is about the same as other new blanks.

Integral will also Rockwell hardness test and regrind your lifters. From
what I have learned in my cam buying adventure, I would have even new
lifters Rockwell tested and reground. I had Integral regrind my original
lifters. They were the original equipment.

Don Malling

Bob Fabie wrote:
 > Briefly, 1500 miles ago, I installed a Piper cam as part of a
complete engine
 > bay restoration (a mild regrind) that I purchased from British Parts
 > Northwest.) The engine idled and ran perfectly. However, I became
concerned
 > over having to adjust the valves - primarily the same one - three
times during
 > over this period. When I did it last week, it was obvious that I
would soon
 > run out of adjustment since the screw was now flush with the nut.
Today, I