RE: Ign advance and cam phasing for TR4

To: "'Randall Young'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ign advance and cam phasing for TR4
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:52:23 -0400
How many of us are honest enough to admit that they use the distributor to
help adjust the idle speed when all else fails?

I've spent much time adjusting the timing just so with lamp and markings and
then just flung all the tools and started moving the distributer about when
I couldn't get the idle below 1000 with the perfect timing. It's just so
much easier than fixing the real problem of shaft leaks etc. Seems to run
fine too.

Unfortunately now I have a really rough idle so it's carb rebuild time.
Along with O/D rebuild, and Diff rebuild and rear hub fix, and rim
straightening... sob... :^(

Mark Hooper