NY/PA list members, a modest proposal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: NY/PA list members, a modest proposal
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:48:04 -0400
Having been on the List for a Long Time, it occurs to me that there are
quite a few folks in the central NY/northern PA regions of the US. It also
occurs to me that there is a dearth of social functions involving British
cars generally, Triumphs specifically. I know that VTR has a member club in
the form of Finger Lakes Triumphs, but their interest is mostly racing and
the membership amounts to two principals. (No criticism intended, they're
nice guys.)

With that long-winded introduction, allow me to propose the following: How
about some sort of tour of the countryside of the Finger Lakes area? There
are more than enough interesting venues and sites in the area (Watkins Glen
SP, Corning Glass, etc.) and I can't count the wineries. The back roads are
wonderful.

If enough interest is expressed, I can make phone calls and gather
information and relay it to interested parties. Summer is a busy time, but
the autumn is beautiful around here. Let me know your ideas.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)