RE: TR3 Wiring Issue

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Wiring Issue
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:57:24 -0700
> Just finishing up the installation of a new wiring harness in my TR3A.
> Per the Bentley manual I attached a wire to the wiper switch, for the
> heater motor. I don't have the engine in the car. I find that the
> wipers, and the heater fan, don't work well together with just the
> battery . Will this issue go away once the generator is added to the
> mix?

Bill, AFAIK no Bentley manual has the correct wiring diagram for any TR3A,
and there are some important variations.

The wire to the heater control cannot go to the wiper switch, since the
wiper switch is now grounded (for the self-parking wipers).  As best I can
tell, the factory connected the heater to the hot (green) terminal on the
fuel gauge, but of course any green wire will do.  The wiper switch gets a
short black wire to the ground junction on the back of the panel.

Randall