Re: VTR / TRF

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VTR / TRF
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:18:02 -0500
At 08:58 PM 8/11/03 -0500, Lou Metelko wrote:

>Listers:
>
>Really hate to throw cold water on the praise for the bash but I was
>disappointed.  I go to a major show such as that one to see the stars of the
>meet which is the cars.  I rather enjoy seeing rows of cars in their full spit
>shined glory with the proud owners nearby.  We were told that the line up on
>Indiana, PA's main street could not begin until 5 PM on Saturday so with the
>darkness creeping in at around 7:15 meant that the owner that had spent many
>hours and dollars in preparation for the Concours and Participant Choice
>balloting watched in horror as his car was judged in almost darkness.  I fully
>understand that a group that large will have varied interests but I feel that
>each event should have equal amounts of daylight hours.

I think that if the weather had cooperated, the VTR judging would have
taken place in the daylight. I was told that the original plan was to hold
the VTR show on Friday, during the day, at The Roadster Factory. However,
the field was in such bad shape, the location had to be changed and the 2
car shows were combined.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58