Top Cover

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Top Cover
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:32:38 -0400
Hi All,

This past week I was very fortunate to have had John Kipping former
owner of John Kipping LTD in Coventry, conduct a rebuild of my Gearbox
and Overdrive unit for a seminar during the TRF summer party. One item
that has become a roadblock to completing the unit is the top cover.  I
had sourced a top cover prior to the event that had the lockout switches
and the cam device located on the front of the top cover. However at the
time I did not know that there were different ones for different years..
According to JK the one I have is for a later gearbox. It has the round
cam styled selector with a bracket (lock out) that attaches over the top
cover. The one I need is the type that has two levers that rock back and
forth engaging the lockouts, which are mounted by brackets to the side
of the top cover.

If any one has one or needs what I have, please contact me.

Ronnie