valve settings

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: valve settings
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:15:16 -0500
Listers:

My project for today is to check the valve settings on the TR2 with an engine
number of TS1297E.  My question to the list is the discrepancy on settings
from various sources.  Haynes says that all valves should be .010, the owner's
manual says .010 for intake and .012 for exhaust, to further complicate
matters, there is a decal on the side of the valve cover that states .013 for
both exhaust and intake.  Can someone please comment on this muddy water?

If I do the owner's manual suggestion of .010 / .012, can anyone walk down the
valves (front to rear #s 1 to 8) and tell which is exhaust and which is
intake?

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana