Spitfire O/D GT-6 O/D More Info.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire O/D GT-6 O/D More Info.
From: jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:31:39 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to the ones who have answered my question to
this point. I think that a little more info from me
might help. I want to place a complete single rail
Spitfire O/D trans. behind the GT-6 motor.
My failures at this time are:
Backplate. (But one can be made)
Starter right to left side? Can't get around this
yet. The GT-6 oil cannister is in the way. Then the
starter cut out on the Spifire bell housing is on
the wrong side.
Mounts no problem
Drive shaft taken care of.
Flanges done.
I did have a suggestion that said a 1974 three rail
Spitfire O/D box would make things easier. I would
be glad to buy or trade for one.
Or last but not least I'll buy a GT-6 overdrive
complete if someone has one to sell. And then get
rid of the single rail Spifire O/D trans.
Thanks,
Jim
Jim