RE: TR3- Wentworth?

To: "triu autox" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3- Wentworth?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:28:25 -0700
> In attempting the first fender removal of a total restoration I
> encountered a
> 'stumper'.  My 7/16" socket seems to be slipping when I try to
> take out the
> fender/body bolts (although I can't get my head in there to see
> whats going
> on).  Is this the right size socket?  Where can I get one?

It occurs to me that there may be another problem ... most of those bolts
don't have enough clearance to get a socket squarely on the head.  You might
try using a 7/16" box end wrench (aka ring spanner), preferably in 6-point
if you can find it.

A GearWrench would absolutely shine here, once the bolts are broken loose.

Randall